2004 E87 118D, Reversing lights and Parking Sensors

LaurenJane86

Hello Girls and Guys! 

I’m new to this group, and I’m also new to owning a BMW.

So I brought it yesterday,  and the reversing lights have stopped working, the parking sensors also don’t work, and nor does the rear wiper now. But the fluid still runs through... Any hints on where to start looking please? Like i said I’m new to bmw. I don’t have a owners manual either as it didn’t come with one, 1 thing I forgot to look for before driving away (just to excited!) 

Also can anyone tell me what “Multifunctioncontrolmodule4”

does on the fuse box please? I don’t have Idrive just standard radio 

Thanks for any help in advance! 

Morning Lauren

Private or Garage sale ? If a garage tell them to fix it as you just brought it. If private you are pretty much on your own I am afraid.

Reversing lamps and rear wiper are in the tailgate/bootlid so obvious place to start is the fuses then the bulbs don't forget the bulb holders as they can corrode and may need cleaning. With a multimeter check that there is power to the wiper motor connector and the lamps, if there is power then check the motor for continuity. No power check the loom where it goes from boot lid to body they can suffer breaks.

Parking sensors are in the rear bumper (also front bumper if you have front/rear system) if one sensor fails the system doesn't work. You can listen (ear close to) each sensor if it clicks its OK if not it needs changing, if none click check the control unit. 

A diagnostic scan will help you a great deal just make sure it is done by someone who has a BMW specific diagnostic program as it will pinpoint issues.more accurately. 

Good Luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links