Top view, side view cameras

_golds22

Hi, 

There doesn’t seem to be an option on the X1 to have a top view of the car. Basically I would like to see my parking position for perpendicular parking in bays. 

It looks like there are already cameras under the wing mirrors which would do the job. Has anyone heard anything about using these cameras so I can see the floor? Seems a full 360 camera retrofit is a lot of cost when all I want to do is see the lines on the ground. 

thanks

Morning Gemma

Are you sure that what you see in the mirrors are not the down lights (Puddle Lights) my neighbour works for BMW and tells me he was not aware of a side camera system for the X1 front and rear but not side? There are manouvering sensors that can be fitted but they are part of the ultra sonic system.

Do you have Rear view camera and Front view cameras fitted? If not it could be a costly upgrade as control computer,, cameras, maybe loom and fitting plus coding to the car will be needed.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links