Tyre pressures

Emmo

I have replaced all my run flats with conventional tyres, but retained the same sizes. I am not quite sure what pressure to put in them and I can't understand the numbers on the plate in the drivers door jamb. I was putting around 28psi into them but I have recently had a new tyre and found when checking all four that the fitter had put about 37psi into the new one. I have since placed 33psi in all four tyres, front and back. Advice gratefully received, thanks.

2013 3 Series M Sport hard top convertible, 320d auto.

Morning Martin

My neighbour runs a 2013 reg 320d tyres are 225-50 x 17  and he has just done exactly the same thing swapped Run Flats for conventional Bridgestone he runs 32 front 36 rear if that helps.

Dave

4 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Martin

My neighbour runs a 2013 reg 320d tyres are 225-50 x 17  and he has just done exactly the same thing swapped Run Flats for conventional Bridgestone he runs 32 front 36 rear if that helps.

Dave

Hi Dave

Many thanks for that, very helpful. On that respect I'll leave the 33psi in all four tyres for now and probably bump the rears up a bit next time I'm passing a garage. My wheels are 19" and I replaced the run flats with Landsail tyres. They are from China but have very good reviews and are quite cheap at around £80 a throw. With extremely low-profile tyres, it's not too much of an expense to replace them when I hit a pothole, which on todays roads is quite easy! I have also purchased a get you home spare, which has been invaluable a couple of times. The run flat concept I think is not a good one, as the tyres are a lot more expensive, give a harder ride and you are doomed if you have a puncture as the grunge they give you to pump into them doesn't work very well.

Cheers,

Martin

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links