Braking Problem 118d M47TU2

sean9398

I have a 2005 118d 2.0, whenever I press the brake pedal with around medium force and more I feel the car almost juddering or pulsing to a stop. I have changed rear pads and pad wear sensor. the discs don't have any signs of warping and I haven't had the time to get them checked. a lot of people I have been speaking to have said it could be the ABS sensor but that is brand new also. if anyone has had this problem or knows what's wrong please. please shed some light as it is really bugging me and affecting the driveability of the car and seeing as I have to put my kids in it I am as you can imagine slightly reluctant. thanks, all help is greatly appreciated.

Morning Sean

Welcome to the Forum

You have changed the rear brakes and say the Disc's (assume your talking front) are not warped how were they checked are the front pads clean or is there signs of chattering (odd shiny patches) could be a sign of a sticking caliper.

However my money would be on the issue being front radius rod bushes they normally last around 80k depending on use/abuse dished out (Part 6 in the drawing) 

After 2 changes on the X5 I pressed the bushes out and replaced them with Polybushes.

Front Suspension.pdf

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links