Hard wire Dash Cam and Tracker into F31

btmaldon

Hi all.

I'm looking to hard wire my dash cam and my tracker into the car. I want to use a piggyback fuse on each. The dash cam needs to be live when the ignition is on only. The tracker needs to be a permanent live. Has anybody already done these and which are the best fuses to use?

Many thanks

Hi Bruce

If you want the dashcam on ignition only then you can't use the same source for the tracker which I'm thinking should be always on.

Some dashcams will record if car is struck whilst parked in which case you would want it powered on all the time, same as the tracker.

Depends on the make & model of dashcam but in my view, the more protection, the better.

Hope this helps

John

• Like 1

Thanks John. I've piggy backed the tracker to a fuse in the boot as it doesn't matter where its located. The camera is currently just plugged into the 12v socket. Its a Next Base with a shock sensor which will operate on the built in battery for a bit. I would want that connected to a switched live. Cheers

My x5 has a tracker buried deep in the dash and runs off the permanent live feeding the stereo memory, my Motorhome has one running off the clock permanent live and tucked away in the roof lining. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links