Rear PDC Sensor

Hi Guys

need a bit of advice please, some low life piece of s..t has helped themselves to the cover of one of my rear sensors, left the sensor hanging, hence the tape, i have ordered a new outer cover for the bumper, how does the sensor actually attach the the bumper, i know the cover just twists on, any help please

rear_bumper.jpg

Morning Ben

There are 2 parts inner and outer that hold the sensor in place see the attached exploded drawing items 5 and 6 they just clip together then the sensor slides in from the rear. The inner rear sensor holders I have had to change due to them cracking at the bottom (narrow point) fortunately they are easy to get to being close to the tow bar cover.

PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)

Good Luck

Dave

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, Ben Dendrickson said:

an so another problem has come up, i have refitted the sensor into the new bumper cover but it is still coming up as a fault and sensors are now not working, do they have to be coded the get them to work again????

my rear sensors just make a continues beep but m

Morning Men

Welcome Jeff

The Sensor are wired like "Fairy Lights" in series if one fails none work !! The system is simple but can be a pain to diagnose 

1. Do you have front and rear sensors or just rear?

2. In the Boot between the battery and the rear of the spare wheel well is the control unit. on the top are 3 plug positions. (1) front sensors (2) rear sensors (3) tow pack (disconnects the rear sensors if the trailer electrics are plugged in)

If you don't have diagnostics then sensors will click if working so "ear close to sensor" with reverse selected ignition on (don't leave it on to long or dead battery) Change the non-clicking sensors.

If no sensors click check the wiring for breaks if no breaks look at the controller if water has got into the battery area it can suffer water damage.

Check www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box and it will bring up your model then get the part numbers you need.

Search the well known Auction sites for replacement parts with the correct part numbers. Providing the wiring is OK the rest is plug and play

The BMW fail safe is a "Thud" when your to close 😁

Good Luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links