2018 X1 Rear Bumper Protector

Breck

Morning Breck

When I ran the Mercedes estates I used a piece of cord carpet that I stuck to the under side of the boot liner so that when I opened the boot it could be folded out to protect the bumper when the dogs hopped in and out. 

The carpet came as an offcut from Carpet Right and they hunted around and found some black to match the carpet colour in the car. I fixed it in place with double sided carpet tape.

We use the same system with my wife's Subaru Outback.

Or you could check www.realoem.com  put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model. Then search to see if one is available.

Dave

I used to wrap the mountain bikes in helicopter tape, great for stone chips and bouncing off rocks. It’s clear and hard wearing if it’s what you are looking for. 

Hi Stu

After 60+ years on the planet, involvement in the DIY and Motor trade, I thought I had heard of most things but "Helicopter" tape was a new one on me.

Gaffer tape, Duct tape, Masking tape, Insulating tape etc are all tapes that I've used over the years so now, having done a bit of on-line research, I'll know what Helicopter tape is used for.

Curious to know it's origins though, presumably some function in the aeronautical industry.

Cheers,

John

I think it was used as a protection for rotor blades when they changed to carbon fibre....  or it could just be a cool name instead of clear thick tape that protects stuff from scratches and stone chips 😂😂