Spare Wheel & an Update!

Marlowboy

Good Morning all, Hope all’s well.
I'm on 19” Staggered Wheels, trying to source a Spare Wheel that is the same “height” so as not to damage the Running Gear and I’m struggling. Is there such a thing as an Emergency Spare that is a similar height to the 19”?
Bit of good news, took it to the LPG Garage in Slough and Sam worked wonders and has got it working, hooray! Many problems found including missing Fuse, wires disconnected and broken and a seized Valve and a couple of leaks! Seems to running all good..........for now!

Thanks if you can help with the Wheel advice

Hi Martin

Good to know your making progress 

In my garage I have the unused spare wheel complete with tyre from my 4.4 which ran 19" staggered alloys which you are welcome to. The problem is where would you carry it ? It would take up a far amount of room in the boot, I have a can of tyre goo and a small compressor which sits in the right hand rear cubby on the 4.6 and (tempting fate) I have only used it twice both times rescuing others. I never had a flat with the 4.4 and so far none with the 4.6.

BMW actually supply the same compressor and tyre goo solution themselves.take a look at www.realoem.com

Dave

Thanks for your response....again! 
I’m really paranoid about not having a Spare, my Breakdown Cover would not help if I had a puncture and no spare. I’m really not a fan of the “gunge”,  ok if it’s a nail and the tyre is still sealed to the rim but from my experience.....it’s normally worse and you can not get it to seal to inflate. I’m happy to loose a lot of the Boot Space and even if I left it at home at least I could get it! I was hoping a THIN Emergency Wheel may have been available? I’ll keep hunting! Stay safe!

Check www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your vin number into the search box and it will call up your model. Then look in the wheels/tyres section it will show if a space saver was available for your combination

Good Luck with the search

Dave

PS We have only suffered 1 puncture on all 3 cars in the last 10 years, that was a nail in my wifes rear tyre from one of the farriers not sweeping up?? Now she sweeps up after the farriers have been regardless. What I am trying to say is punctures today are a rarity normally on very worn tyres or a freak nail/screw like my wife's.