N55 1 Series 'vert - 80K

jasonwirl

Anyone have feedback on any 1 series' with 80K? I'm looking at it now. I'd be the third owner and service history seems normal. Induction and clean-out service done at 70K (I see that's a 44K service recommendation).

VIN #: WBAUN7C560VM27000 Have a PPI scheduled for this afternoon. $15K asking price.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jason

Hi Jason

Welcome to the Forum

Just because we have had the sunshine splashing out and going topless Huh!!

First while extended service intervals are common these days as an OLD engineer I have never trusted them so personally I would still change oils and filters at least annually 

The 135i BMW straight 6 is one of the worlds great engines as tough as a tough thing, at 80k with good maintenance it is just about run in. 

Good Luck with the new car

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for that. No troubles with the turbo that you know of? I checked out a Mini for my daughter a year ago and it had more oil in the engine compartment than I've ever seen.

So you are saying with only 80K it's at a good point to go forward with? My E46 convertible with only 66K has been nickle-and-diming me recently (fan clutch, serpentine belt, ac leak that can't be found - so freon yearly), all manner of emissions challenges. I'm a smidge gun-shy, but if the N55 is more reliable, I'm sold.

Jason

Hi Jason

I did read about some early variable vane turbo issues but they were way back 2007/8 certainly in the UK there have been no big issues. I still put a lot of the problems down to extended service periods. The oil seals harden in the turbo particularly as the oil thickens with age/use 40k is along time on the road lots of heat cycles. The engine in the mini and its turbo are a joint venture with Citroen/Peugeot I believe and not known for their robust nature.

As an aside one of my sons works for a company here who rebuild/recycle turbo chargers they cant get BMW stuff until it is beyond saving

As always proceed with caution what is it they say "Head not Heart" and squeeze the life blood out of the dealer for Warranty and Support Packages

Good Luck 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links