key fob on 29004 525d

mark 14

aa out looked all about plugged in computer ,eventually said have you another key tried that and it started. the first key opened doors but engine not starting, thought it recharged itself while plugged in , new key a national debt, dont want to open replace battery myself as bits need resolder, any companies do this or can i recharge in some form , all suggestions please ,cheers

Sounds like a transponder fault rather than a battery issue. 

did the car open on the first key with the remote central locking or did you have to physically turn the key in the lock? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 10:07 AM, X5smw said:

did the car open on the first key with the remote central locking or did you have to physically turn the key in the lock? 

the car opened doors but only that would not start, changed battery it is the same, other key works fine

screen on car is blank no lights at all

Sounds more like the immobiliser transponder in the key has gone.  The key has a chip inside it that connects to the ignition barrel to turn off the immobiliser. I’m guessing that has failed if the other keys are working fine. 

28 minutes ago, X5smw said:

Sounds more like the immobiliser transponder in the key has gone.  The key has a chip inside it that connects to the ignition barrel to turn off the immobiliser. I’m guessing that has failed if the other keys are working fine. 

thank you , i will get a new key cut and programed ,maybe a firm might do it a bit less than bmw , cheers