Exterior boot release help needed

stevew_68

Hi guys hope someone can offer some advice please. My E53 boot outside release button (between registration lights) does not work. No click on the bottom when pressed. In fact there's no feel of anything when pressed like the button going in. The only ways to release the boot is via the remote or on the center console. Problem is I cannot find a button online. Millions of interior buttons but not the external hatch button. Does anyone know if its just likely to be a failed button or something more costly. Also if anyone could link me to a reasonably priced button that would great. Cheers. 

Morning Steve

Sadly the rear boot release switches tend to suffer water ingress and deteriorate (well fall to bits) 

My first repair was to take off the switch and re-solder  the connections inside that worked for about 18 months before failing again. I used www.realoem.com to get the part number and searched for a replacement, when I looked there were several used on Ebay but I brought new from BMW they gave a good discount as my E53 is an oldie now.

No issues in the last 7 years (tempting fate now) though I have had recently had a couple of spurious bulb failure warnings from the rear, so rear light clusters may be suffering with all the rain. If it stops I will take a look

Dave

Talk to your local BMW dealer parts guy/girl if they don't have it they should be able to order it. I brought mine from Cotswold BMW who also gave a discount due to the cars age

Take care as my local Dealer wanted to sell the complete assembly

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links