E46 Touring Sub Install

M4TTY

Hi Matthew

Welcome to the Forum

If you have the BMW set up in your car is it Business or Professional set up with or without the monitor. The Harmon Kardon set up you can fit a sub in the boot I believe the wiring is there (may be there anyway) so depending what your starting with will be the decider on how easy/hard it is.

I would first check www.realoem.com (if you haven't already) put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will bring up your model, then look in the Audio section to see what you have and what was available OEM. Then search the web for the bits you want/need, that is if you want to stay OEM.

If not and you are fitting an aftermarket set up then you may need to run cables of the right size for the sub 

Dave

2 hours ago, Greydog said:

Hi Matthew

Welcome to the Forum

If you have the BMW set up in your car is it Business or Professional set up with or without the monitor. The Harmon Kardon set up you can fit a sub in the boot I believe the wiring is there (may be there anyway) so depending what your starting with will be the decider on how easy/hard it is.

I would first check www.realoem.com (if you haven't already) put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will bring up your model, then look in the Audio section to see what you have and what was available OEM. Then search the web for the bits you want/need, that is if you want to stay OEM.

If not and you are fitting an aftermarket set up then you may need to run cables of the right size for the sub 

Dave

Thank you sorry to jump straight in, I've had the car a year so far, and haven't really had any issues apart from recently the fuel pump gave up on me, but thats sorted. FIngers crossed she's a lovely runner (maybe not the best looking) I have the tape deck with the auto changer in the boot.  I will have a look at that website. I just wanted to make one myself, or maybe if i could get an OEM spare wheel active sub from something like an audi would that work?  Or is that wishfull thinking?

Che

Hi Matthew

With the X5 the sub fits in the right hand cubby in the boot the connectors for the sub are already there wrapped up. I know several guys have fitted their own subs successfully it just depends on the whether the radio is set up to deal with it.

So knowing what you have in the car will help, 

Dave 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links