front supension

Morning Mark

While I haven't changed the front struts due to a crashy ride and odd tyre wear I decided to change front and rear. I did get a kit from the well known auction site which included all front control arms from memory it cost about £100. It took myself and one of my sons a morning to change everything (including tea/coffee breaks) I also brought anti roll bar bushes which we changed at the same time. I also brought a rear suspension kit and we did that the same weekend, a bit more involved as I had to make up a bush removal tool for the outer rose bush. So for around £250 I changed front and rear bushes then off for 4 wheel alignment. The difference was night and day drove and rode like new, still good 4 years on the biggest saving is Tyre wear.

So I would do it

Dave

thank you Dave,  i will do as you suggest, as well as legs one was a bit weepy only a bit, also at speed braking, i get a judder maybe warped discs, cheers again for your help, best regards i will order and do in a few weeks time, when i do brake hard she still pulls up in a straight line

Your suspension is similar to the X5, brake judder is normally failing bushes on the brake reaction arm at the front, so changing control arms reaction arms and struts will give you a "new front end" and certainly improve things 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links