Trailer Hitch - 2018 X5 xDrive35i

BmerDale

I want a 2” hitch that has a strong tow capacity, such as 600 x 6000 lbs. Would an after-market part be ok or should I go with the SHOPBMWUSA.com? Also should I have it installed by a BMW Service dealer? 
(I know the easy answer is Yes & Yes.) But does it void any warranties by having a Non-Bmw service tech do it?

Thanks,

Morning Dale

Welcome to the Forum

BMW standard fitment is a Westfalia removable tow bar, you certainly can purchase it through your local BMW Dealer but you can also get it through P F Jones and several other companies who should be capable of fitting the appropriate wiring harness as well. If any one starts to tell you they have to cut or splice cables walk away these kits are plug and play.

After market suppliers such as P F Jones will also be cheaper than a Dealer, I would Google P F Jones get the contact details and talk to them get costs and compare them.

My X5 with Westfalia tow bar has a capacity of 3500kg (7700lbs) with a nose weight of 150kg 

Good Luck

Dave