What is this clip for?

Hi All,

I'm new to this BMW site and am trying to identify a part.

My car is a 2003 model 530i "Individual"

The part that I am having difficulty identifying is a broken clip, picture attached, that fell to the floor when I was removing my broken left, front, lower, inner wheel arch.

Even the Parts Advisor at the local BMW dealers is unable to identify it.

If anybody can tell me where the replacement for this clip fits I would be most grateful. A picture, if possible, would help.

Thanks in advance.

Tony Norton

DSCN1717.JPG

Hi Tony

If you haven't found it yet have a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin number in the search box it will bring up a complete parts list for your model.

Then search the Body and Trim sections for what you need, good luck

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for your response. I have actually managed to identify the clip, when I set about fitting the replacement inner, lower LHS front wheel arch. I realised that when BMW supply panels of this type they would normally come with all the clips/spire nuts that would be connected TO by other panels. The clip in question, which was not only broken, but also bent, actually would normally be supplied with a front bumper, because it is clipped on the bumper and is there for the panel I was fitting to be screwed to. The reason the Part Advisor at the local BMW dealer was unable top identify it was because he was only looking at diagrams relating to the inner panels.

I sent him the attached pdf from which he readily identified the clip which has been ordered, and I will collect tomorrow (Saturday).

Thanks for your input.I have downloaded the appropriate page, after realising that my 2003 530i (E39) "Individual" is listed under "Classic" (Does that mean I can enter it into next year's London to Brighton Run?), so I will know exactly where to go. The clip in question is the sixth item down on the right edge of diagram headed "Bumper Front". (Also attached).

Easy when you know how! Really good advice, thank you again.

Tony N

P.S. The colour of my, similar aged to your, BMW is also blue, but described as "Nachtblau".

Unidentified clip location.pdf Bumper Front.pdf

Morning Tony 

We are not quite London to Brighton qualifiers yet !!  Nachtblau, Night Blue or perhaps Dark Blue to us.

Good news on sorting the part, remember to ask for any discounts from BMW available for older models (not all parts qualify but a lot of Dealers offer them)

Another site worth a look is www.newtis.info this one is Technical information as used by BMW Dealers.

Good Luck with the Beemer

Dave

Hi Dave,

would you believe, the local BMW dealers managed to come up with the wrong part!

I sent them this: -

image.thumb.png.6026fd053a9628aae2867b47a9c84396.png

and: -

image.thumb.png.f47674901f6975cff0e620be1d70bce5.png

and: -

image.thumb.png.07b9276acc4f0a8ac13e08b5bcc7b074.png

together with these notes: -

Picture 1:  The trailing edge on the underside of the bumper.

Picture 2: The recess where the clip would fit, on the RHS as viewed.

Picture 3: The remains of the broken clip, held in place with gaffer tape, indicating how it would be fitted.

Would one expect them to get it wrong with this info? I think not!

It has had to be re-ordered and will be in on Tuesday.

Tony N