Bmw 320i e93 oil pressure issues

Zennon sobas

Just a little thread on something I have recently learned about my 320i e93 with the n43 engine. 

My oil pressure light came on in the car after doing a normal city drive I slowly drove the few miles home as I had no choice. The engine sounded mint and no limp mode or anything like that so over the next few days done some research into oil pressure faults with these engines and every answer I got was engine chain guides broken needs a new chain well that isn't the case on these engines you have two types of oil pressure sensors one located just under the head online with cylinder 2 and an unusual sensor that bmw call oil preassure hydraulic solenoid they are £106 from bmw and relatively easy to fit all you need to do is remove all air filter pipes and box from the engine bay and take the bolts that hold the alternator on off and just under the alternator you will see the sensor it looks very similar to the vanos solenoid only half inch shorter hope this helps many people as I was getting quotes for the timing chain around £1000 in the end cost me £106 and 45 mins of my time 

• Like 1

Dave I'm sure alot of people have lost out because of the fear of bug bills I was nearly at an end with mine I even got to a point where I asked bmw for a quote to investigate and I was told it was more than likely the chain and they were going to charge me £2300 for the repair 

• Like 1