Used BMW purchase- is this a worry?

LJUK

I am in the process of purchasing the first BMW and have a deposit down on black a 66 plate 320d ED Plus. Having driven older, cheap cars all my life I am am excited at the prospect of a newish BMW and the test drive and viewing all was good. 

Having little knowledge of cars I didn't even look under the bonnet when I viewed the car but when revisited the photos I noticed that (compared to the other BMWs on sale at the same place, including older ones) the engine looked dirty, oil spotted and the fabric cover next to the engine (sorry don't know what this is called!) Is discoloured. Does this indicate potential problems (or a previous problem) and is it something I should worry about???

The car has supposedly had a BMW service 1000 miles ago. 

Any thoughts /advice would be much appreciated...

Screenshot_20190815-003034_Chrome.jpg

Welcome Liam

First as you are buying from a dealer you will have some protection under the sale of goods act, when I looked at the pictures it looks as though a very clumsy person has topped up the oil and missed?? Easily cleaned, as far as service is concerned check the service book and even call your local BMW dealer if you are uncertain they will have its history online.

At 37k it probably only has 1 or 2 services including its PDI my personal preference is to have service at schedule with interim oil changes 

Enjoy your new car

Dave