Mr

Roderick

🤢 I have a 320 estate, 5 years old. Drivers side front seat belt has been intermittently jamming and can’t be moved/worn

however later it frees and is fine for a week or two. After much cleaning, the garage fitted a new BMW part, the complete belt and fittings,from the main dealer

and a week or so later this jammed also. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know what causes it? Thanks, Rod

Morning Rod

This is a new one on me, seat belts these days tend to be boringly reliable and normally fray not stick, particularly as you have a new OEM part fitted. From memory the inertia reel is bolted to the B pillar base the belt runs up the B pillar through a guide about halfway up then to the height adjuster mechanism then down to it's fixing point on the seat. I would take off the B pillar trim and check its route is clear and that it has been put in correctly.

Have a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits in the search box it will bring up your model check the small drawing for how it's fitted (or should be). I can only think that something is picking up either at the guide or the adjuster as the inertia reel units are pretty much sealed

Hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links