Convertible roof not working

Hi guys, I'm new to BMW,s I've just purchased a 2005 318ci the convertible roof was working when I purchased it 5 days ago, however it's now stopped working, there are no lights showing on the dash either, can anyone advice me on what it may be please. I've checked and changed the fuses still nothing. Thanks in advance wayne.

Fluid looks full, and no noises at all, itwas stuck in the down position so I had to manually close it. I believe normally if there is a problem the little red light comes on the top of the button, but there is nothing? 

Have you checked the wiring / plugs sorry I cant be more help, where about are you? as hopefully a vert owner will be on soon and may of had the same problem

Have you got a code reader?

Fortunately for me my X5 doesn't have a Sun roof let alone a soft top so I suffer air conditioned driving and top less sun shine in a deck chair 😄

I did find this awhile ago for someone else though I hope it helpsE36 Convertible Adjust.pdfE36  

Get a good diagnostic package it will save a fortune in the long run I use BMW 1.4.0 very cheap from ebay but you will need a laptop to put it on, others use Carly (subscription based) INPA etc. 

White smoke check the exhaust gas re circulation system as well as the stuff Phil advised

Fingers crossed for sunny weather so you can fix it plus hope its a simple fix

Dave

Thanks for your reply dave, thankfully the roof was an easy fix in the end, one of the fuses was miss numbered, so it kept on blowing. As for the white smoke still not came to a conclusion yet, its booked into my local mechanic on wed. I just hope it's not to severe. Will keep you posted. That's to you all for your much needed help. Wayne