Peterw

I have just test driven a manual gearbox 2016 (65 plate) BMW 320d ED Sport. Before the test drive the salesman told me the car had been fitted with two brand new front tyres and when I got into the car the display had a warning for tyre pressure. I took it out for a drive, however I was unable to change driving mode from comfort to sport etc. whilst the car was moving. I had to be parked stationary for the car to allow it to work. Is this normal? I would have thought I should be able to change modes whilst cruising? The salesman said manual gearboxes won't change whilst the car is moving, is this right? He also said it may be because the car had a warning for tyre pressure. Would this be right? Thanks for any feedback

Hi Peter

I may be wrong but I thought the car needs to have the adaptive suspension package for you to be able to change settings. I believe you can still see the selection but nothing will change unless the full adaptive package is fitted.

As to changing on the move my next door neighbour works for BMW UK his car can but then it is an auto 440 with all the bells and whistles.

Dave

Hi Dave thanks for the reply 👍

I'm due to go for another test drive on Thursday so will see if I can change modes whilst driving when the tyre pressures have been adjusted to see if that fixes it and enquire about the adaptive suspension. Will keep updated. Thanks again