New M240i owner

Hi guys/girls,

New to the forum. Will soon be taking ownership of a M240i so here to get updates, info and help when needed.If

If there are any things which can be unlocked via the computer that people recommend, then I'd be happy to hear about them (cost saving).

Hope to get to know some of you better,
Cheers Seb

Thanks Dave,

Will do. 

I'll be looking to learn more about my new car, if there are any clever tweeks which can be activated or improved.

Currently have an Octavia VRS and managed to get a friendly mechanic to activate some additional perks.

Thanks.

Seb

Hi 

Just like your Octavia there menu's that will allow the turning on or off of functions Carly for BMW is an App for your smart phone which will allow code reading resetting and activation of stuff for INPA you will need a lap top more complicated (in my view especially getting it running) but very comprehensive, well it is a BMW program after all. Of course it will depend on what you have paid for to be activated at purchase as to what is left to activate.

ENJOY

Dave.

Dave,

Thanks. I assumed there must be a method but as this is my first BMW, I'm not clued up on the lingo yet. 😉

I have enhance BT plus wireless charging.

WiFi hotspot

High beam assist.

Cruise control with brake.

Pro Nav system.

Reversing camera.

I'm trying to work out if the car will have the hardware to code any other additions which would be of use. If anyone knows of anything which can be activated, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Seb

Morning Seb

My old X5 has a whole page of functions which can be turned on or off from Alarm Chirp or Flash on lock or unlock to Auto Lock (the speed it activates) about 20 or 30 items from memory if I get time today I will plug in and get a screen shot for you. They are all just tick boxes and if they are greyed out then obviously that function isnt available or the module isn't fitted on your car.

I would think your model will be similar in that there are so in there will be a host of stuff that the dealer can turn on or off for a handsome fee !!

Dave

Just a thought Seb but your model will have iDrive so you should have functions like autofold mirrors available in settings in the iDrve, 

Dave,

Thank you again.  I would be interested to know whether autofold mirrors can be unlocked as I didn't spec these. Would the motor and equipment be in place and it's simply a case of ticking a box?

Will have to get the car and have a play. Then find a friendly coder who would be able to help me out.

Appreciate it.

Seb

Morning Seb

Just had a play with our neighbours 5 series in the idrive menu look for "my Car" the "settings" then scroll through the functions and explore. Yes we found auto fold and enabled it now his mirrors fold on lock and unfold on unlock. His car is 4 years old and the Sales Manager had told him it was an extra so for the last 4 years he has been folding his mirrors with the button on the window control he sends his thanks if you hadn't asked the question he still would be.

My X5 E53 doesn't have iDrive so I need to access through the diagnostic program there may even be additional stuff hidden that needs to be activated through the diagnostics and it isn't coding it is "tick Box" stuff, turn it On or Off.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links