2007 x3 water pump replacement

j davies

good morning

my water pump is leaking and I have looked how to fix it on you tube but cant seam to find the right one . I have taken the covers off and I cant even see it never mind change it  the garage want £250 to fix it ( not bad really ) does any one know if I can do this if so how

Have a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model then look for the Water Pump it will show a simple exploded view and the OEM Part Number Then check www.newtis.info for How too's also check Pelican Parts web site it;s a USA site but apart from the steering on the wrong side some great information plus pictures.

Good Luck

Dave

• Like 1

Now you know what BMW stands "Beat The Maintenance Worker" LOL

Depending which engine you have may reduce the help you get from Pelican Parts as the Yanks don't do Diesels, but www.newtis.info is a technical site with the same information that is used by Dealers so you should find everything there you need.

I have just replaced the water pump on my X5 not difficult just lengthy as you have to strip so much other stuff just to get at it, plus in their wisdom BMW hide a 10mm bolt behind the Crank pulley on the V8 engine (3 guess's which ratchet ring spanner I couldn't find) which made it a fiddle

Dave