Newbie.

DIGSEY

Hello 🙂 i purchased an automatic bmw 1 series today which is a convertible, i was hoping for a little advice. The passenger 1/4 window rubber is worn meaning the windows dont line up when putting the roof up so the passenger window doesnt go up. has anyone encountered this and how did you go about fixing it? Could this be what i require? 

Many thanks michael 🙂

Screenshot_20190323-211847_Samsung Internet.jpg

Morning Micheal and Welcome to the Forum

Very Pretty and just in time for Spring. With regard to the window issue replacing worn guides will never harm it have you taken off the trim to make sure that nothing is loose or out of kilter with the mechanism.

Enjoy 

Dave

• Thanks 1

Not yet dave the acual track itself is worn on the rubber and its just falling out when going up. I will get a better look at it today 🙂 thank you 🙂

My thought on the mechanism is something has made it wear oddly in the first place.

Have a look at www.realoem.com it's a BMW parts list put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box and it will bring up your model then search for the part it gives exploded drawings and part numbers helps to make sure it will fit.

Also www.newtis.info it's a BMW technical information site as used by Dealers good for how too's etc

Dave

• Thanks 1

Heres a pic of the problem if anyone else has encountered it, people on facebook are saying a new window. Going to pop in to bmw on my lunch and see what the parts centre say. 

20190326_072455.jpg

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links