Steering sensor fault

Johnoc

Hi. I have plugged in my scanner and when I go into the steering angle sensor information I am getting no change in the degree of steering angle when I'm turning the wheel. I was getting a reading of 727 degrees and no rotation rate.
I cleared the steering angle sensor fault code and calibrated the steering angle sensor and the DSC light goes off. If I turn the car off and leave it for 5 mins the light is back on when I start the car. Can anyone clarify it it's a faulty steering angle sensor
Thanks

CA063FF8-07D0-4035-B136-A15123580BDC.jpeg

Morning John

Welcome to the Forum

The Steering Angle sensor is one of the few issues I have not had to deal with, I take it you have cleaned all the connectors/plugs with contact cleaner just in case it is a gungy joint that has a continuity failure when the system self tests at ignition on? Check www.newtis.info for BMW's test and check information.

I have read about a few folks that have had to change the sensor and there are how too's on You Tube and the Pelikan parts website (US site but good info) 

Dave

2 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning John

Welcome to the Forum

The Steering Angle sensor is one of the few issues I have not had to deal with, I take it you have cleaned all the connectors/plugs with contact cleaner just in case it is a gungy joint that has a continuity failure when the system self tests at ignition on? Check www.newtis.info for BMW's test and check information.

I have read about a few folks that have had to change the sensor and there are how too's on You Tube and the Pelikan parts website (US site but good info) 

Dave

hi Dave,

thanks for the advise. i will check connections. it seems strange that i am getting no voltage reading or rotation rate. i presumed as soon as i moved the wheel i should see some changes to angle, rotation rate or voltage.

john 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links