Z3 Swap or Restore

riggers

ok folks I'm new here and need some advice 

I Have a 2.0L   Z3    yr 2000    K100,000    its just failed MOT mainly on brake lines and pads Etc bodywork quite good except for both front wings and both sills , wife loves the car , big question is do i swap it for a Z4 or do i throw 3-4 grand into it and fully restore it to mint condition. 

does anyone know where to get body panels and part if i go down the restore route 

Always a tough call I've made it twice with the X5 4.6is both times came down on the side of the old girl. Only just over 800 ever registered in the UK only 400 odd left so who knows I may have a future classic??

If you spent £3k you end up with a car you know and understand that may even increase in value, if you traded it plus £3k would you get a better car ?? Like I say tough call

Trevor where are you, you are the Z3 man

Dave

Greydog   Sorry Dave....have been on holiday (last minute sun before the winter) for the last week 🙂

riggers   I have responded in the Z3 forum section, and I have hopefully tried to convince you to keep it....same reasons as Dave has mentioned above.

It has to be a future classic as they are an iconic style, albeit the Z4 is a gorgeous car, I still don't think it has the style of the Z3.

Parts....sorry, not sure who supplies new panels, only ever bought secondhand panels (in the right colour)...mechanical parts, try Euro Car Parts or GSF as they both do quite a range of Z3 components.

Cheers,   Trevor