Oil Information Needed

Wilkinson

Hi Guys. Car is a BMW 3 Series F30 Petrol 320i xDrive B48

Can anyone confirm what viscosity oil my car takes, what the refill capacity is (with and without filter) and what make of oil BMW use / recommend? I have tried to get this information out of BMW technical but so far they have not responded to my enquiry.  Thanks for your help. 

Thanks for that. However when I look my car it up on www.automobile-catalog.com the engine lubricant oil capacity given for the  BMW 320i  B48 ( man. 6 speed ) for the year 2017 in Europe is given as 5.3 litres / 5.6 US qt / 4.6 imp qt. Converting the imperial qt and US qt figures comes to 5.228 and 5.29 litres - hence my uncertainty.

Think I'll just go to a BMW dealership and ask the workshop Boss as I've heard nothing back from my email to BMW Technical. Watch this space.

Hi Dave,  Thanks for that. Its a very very useful link - particularly on the process with regard to  changing the engine oil and filter as well as the capacity information. I've not worked on BMW's before. Last car was an Audi A4 2.0 SE with the 211PS engine. Changing oil and filter was straightforward and although checking the oil was normally done via the electronic display it did have provision for a dipstick - which I sourced on the web. Must say I much prefer the old dipstick method.

Rob