Sticking parcel shelf

MikeArmstrong360

I have a 2015 F11 with the powered tailgate and I'm having a nightmare with the retracting parcel shelf cover.  When I open the boot the cover retracts up as intended.  However about 25% of the time, when I close the boot, the parcel shelf starts to descend on the rails but travels about an inch down then stops and goes back up to the top, even though the boot is now closed.  Once this has happened, I have to open/close the boot again sometimes up to 5/6 times until the parcel shelf eventually goes fully back down.  The car went back to the dealer for a warranty replacement of the rail assembly and it seemed to sort it for a few weeks, however it has now started to stick again.  There is nothing obstructing the shelf.  Anyone else had this problem?  Video of the shelf in action here --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/maFt5U7AXZRqbb9M8  Cheers, Mike

Morning Mijke 

How frustrating is that !! At least with the X if the parcel shelf isn't closed it is because I haven't shut it (old tech)

Looks a bit like the anti trap action for the windows. Obvious question there is nothing in the guide tracks? Thinking that if there is something in there that is binding and causing the stop and return. Also the slide or roller on the end of the cover it's self are they free I say this because the X has a small gear shaped roller/wheel on the end ?

I hope it is a simple and easy fix not involving your wallet

Dave

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Was a solution to this found? 

If not, when you operate the glass window does it do the same? or is it only when you open the whole tailgate? When you manually pull the cover in and then out is there a point of more friction or a notch? If you knew anyone with the same car it'd be great to try their retracting parcel shelf cover to see if it was the cover or the tailgate. Would the dealer have one to try out, it'd only take two mins to swap over and try it. Maybe have a look on Real OEM  for where the switch for the tailgate to recognize when it is in the closed position is and check the continuity on it.