N43 engine swop

Tonksy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , it's my dads car engine has seized , looking for a replacement with least effort, n43 engines silly money plus he's not keen on a n43 engine bearing in mind it's only done  67000 miles  fsh 

How handy are you with spanners? As Trevor says it is a fair bit of work but if your competent mechanically and plan the work methodically then all things are possible.

For an engine out job the minimum special equipment will be Jacks, Axel stands and an Engine Crane plus of course a good bag of spanners space to do the work, oh and a couple of mates are always useful.

I would look at www.realoem.com put in the last 7 digits of your Vin then check what alternative engines were available for your model, then check all the ancillaries and cross reference them against your model. You should then have a list of what items you need. This will help you gauge the scope and scale of the task.

If your going ahead then start by stripping out the existing engine work slowly check out You Tube and Pelican Parts for "how too's" and take lots of pictures they will help when rebuilding.

Good Luck 

Dave 

Thanks for that I will look at the the engine as reference , myself and my my father are pretty good with spinners and have engine hoist and a good garage of equipment , my concern was electrical side ecu and of course mounting engine without modifying the mounts , but thanks again very helpful

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links