Locking nut broken

Evening all,

I have managed to break the lock nut on my wife's 1 series so now i can't remove the tires if i need to. I have been looking at lock nut removal kits but don't know what to choose, the reviews on ebay are a hit and a miss.

I have already been to my local BMW garage and none of their master keys fit the lock nuts. Has anybody experienced this before and got themselves a decent kit? I don't want to spend a fortune on a kit either. I would rather get them out using a designated kit rather than smash a socket on them. Its worth mentioning that these nuts are the super anti-theft floating collars.

Yours,

Mike

Unfortunately those aren't the type of lock nuts that i need, the lock nut i require has the little pattern inside it, kind of looks like a flower. I'm taking the car to a local independent garage on Friday, said he'll take tenner per wheel so not too bad. Thanks for getting back though mate, much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I had this with a Volvo someone had fitted aftermarket locking nuts and left the original Volvo nut with the car very helpful I tack welded a wheel bolt to the nut and hey presto they were history. Brought a new Vovlo set and made sure I knew where both keys were.