Oil filter housing gasket?

So I recently went to get my battery checked out free of charge. I had a coupon for them to test it. Mind you the battery is in the trunk of my 2009 E92. As are most BMW batteries. The battery checked out fine but he proceeded to tell me that my oil filter housing gasket needs to be replaced. And it would cost $750 dollars.  I said I'll pass for now as it sounds suspicious. I have no oil leaking on the ground. And I can see none leaking anywhere on the engine. Nor do I ever smell burning oil. You can see the oil filter housing plain as day and I don't see any oil leaking from the bottom. Can anyone else?  Here is a pic of my engine. So are they trying to pull on over on me? And by the way I only have 72k miles on this car. Not to mention since the battery is in the trunk why were they snooping around the front when I came for the free battery check coupon.  Thank in advance!!!!

IMG_0105.JPG

HI Nicolas....welcome to the Club

That does sound totally suspicious to me and also as you say you can see the filter housing clear as day and looks totally dry....can you even assume they gave you an accurate reading of the battery condition?

Keep us updated if anything starts leaking

Cheers,  Trevor

Yeah if I look hard enough and zoom in I can see a small amount of oil in between the joints where it starts leaking but it's nothing major yet. I'm sure it will be fine for now. Here is a zoomed in picture where you can see a small amount of oil that is almost negligible. But maybe this is how it all starts. 

IMG_0410.PNG

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links