Considering buying 330d

Kevmcc90

I'm going to look at a 2005 330d m sport, iv looked into the issues that arise with these engines etc, but was just wondering as it has high mileage at 157k! Wether or not this should put me off or not? Has anyone got one with such high mileage and can offer any advice? 

Thanks 

Hi Kevin....welcome to the Forum

Great car and can be had for not a lot of money.

Mileage is relative to how it's been driven and maintained and if you are getting it for a really good price then it's worth going for if it all checks out okay.

Let us know how you get on with buying it

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. 

I'm planning on looking at it this week and taking my mate who is a mechanic to keep me right. 

Any specific things I should be checking out on this 330d?

Thanks

Hi Kev, As usual service history pref with receipts is everything! Shows what type of owner its had! Suck eggs n all that lol

My 330d manual is on 231,000 & still going strong....ive said it now aint I???  Mine never really cost a penny between 60k to 165k then errr yep quite a bit, All of it though normal wear n tear bar the odd thing so I couldn't really moan. If I were going to buy another tomorrow id be checking the normal stuff. You say you know the issue`s we don't have to list them. If you want an example of whats gone kaput on one after 150,000 well mines had lower arms front, shocks/springs on the rear,clutch DMF, Injector loom (not as bad as it sounds £70) key batteries packed up lol, brake pipes nose to tail, parking sensors, new wings!  ......put you off yet lol?

Brilliant cars for the money & id buy another tomorrow.......expecting to do all the above + Rad/exp tank Vortex filter ,callipers, egr delete etc etc  

p.s don't forget re calls for driver & passenger airbags!   

• Like 1

Hi mick thanks for the reply. 

Went and viewed one tonight and apart from some age related marks, was a lovely car and boy it can shift. 

Needs a new parking sensor and that's pretty much it. Full service history with receipts too, an older guy that has owned for the past seven years. 

Will be picking it up later on this week hopefully. 

Any recommendations on things to do once iv got it? 

Going to give it a service first off. 

Kev, I'm no expert lol

That sounds like a car id buy with history & receipts. Study the receipts for the Vortex filter being changed for sure. As you going to service it then add it to the list as if you've not heard of it ,its the crank case breather (£50 sits under the rocker cover..suck eggs again). Def change the diesel filter! Check the last time it had 4 wheel alignment done to save your tyres. Fit power flex bushes to the rear of the front bottom arms as it works wonders!!! Maybe suck eggs again lol. Test the wheels for heat after a drive to see if a caliper is starting to stick or jack it up & check for resistance when spinning by hand. Hand brake will prob need adjusting lol.Id also put a injector cleaner through the system but that's just me. Mine also loves VPower diesel. The difference makes the extra £ worth it.

Lots of stories of fuel pumps going when the car has less than 50miles to go on fuel..lol...just to spook you! 

Nice cars to work on so Enjoy!!!!!! Oh & get some photo`s of it on here!