oem.com

marinaman

Hello

As a new boy i have found the thread on where to find the spec by using the www.realoem.com

when i put my vin in  it brings up the car year model  etc  but nowhere do i see where it lists the spec of my car,  the only link is underneath where it then takes me to a page where you click on various sections but these are common to all pages  not my particular car

Am i doing something wrong ?

Many thanks

Now to answer your question 

www.Realoem.com will give you the parts spec and part numbers available for your model at the time of manufacture including all options. Very useful for ensuring you have to replace items and need to know it will fit. Plus the assembly diagrams are a great help (well they have been to me)

www.bmwvin.com same process enter the last 7 digits of your vin and it will show you the build sheet all the standard kit plus any options ordered at sale. Other than idle curiosity as to how extravagant or not the first owner was, and possibly indicating if something has been removed I find it little use.

Most BMW X5's are pre-wired for just about all options so upgrading is pretty much plug and play with E53 Ibus cars later cars (E70 etc) items may need coding to the car to enable items to function. With the E53 the only one that's a faf would be converting from Business radio to factory wide screen Nav as this would require the fitting of a lot of kit in the boot and a dedicated loom to the front from the boot. Much simpler to fit an after market unit.

Hope this helps

Many thanks, this forum is similar to the Ford Galaxy one, saved me a fortune over the years which i hope to do here. 

yes. it is just curiosity as to what the car had when new as now they are affordable to others 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, marinaman said:

Hi

i put the vin in bmwvin and it came up with the model. engine etc etc. but underneath it was a long long list of options with codes that must have been available at the time, i cant seem to work out what is fitted to my car ?  or is it the entire list, some of which ive never heard off, i.e  sat nav professional ? is there a difference ? 

Thanks 

I will have to log on and see what comes up it is about 6 years since I used it myself. Glad to see you chose a car in Estoril Blue by far the fastest colour.

If you don't have a code reader enter a search on Ebay for BMW 1.4.0 I had an old laptop that I use in the garage but if you dont have an old machine set up a virtual machine on any laptop running windows. You will be able to read fault codes (in english) reset them and recode many operations, such as auto locking at move off, Key response drivers door one press all doors two presses.

I just checked BMWvin wow the site has changed since I last looked and not for the better in my opinion. It shows my car as having a sunroof which it has never had, in fact I looked hard for one without on purpose. So sorry matey looks like I steered you wrong there.

Have fun with 1.4.0 it will find you jobs you didn't know existed, HaHa.

On a serious note I like to know everything is working correctly and it really helps, most of the issues I have dealt with have come down to poor electrical contact. So a can of contact cleaner and some patience releasing connectors cleaning and re-connecting plus a steady hand with a fine soldering iron (drivers door heated mirror) and the old girl has a fault free pedigree, well so far.

Thanks for that, things ive found so far, i thought all the cars had the Tv on the unit but mine doesnt seem to have it on screen to select , is there a way to buy a plug in module to get tv on it , or is it the full head unit that has it built in. That i think would be needless cost for the odd time it would be used   or does the sofeware enable it  

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, marinaman said:

Thanks for that, things ive found so far, i thought all the cars had the Tv on the unit but mine doesnt seem to have it on screen to select , is there a way to buy a plug in module to get tv on it , or is it the full head unit that has it built in. 

Thanks. 

Morning Martin

In the boot under the spare wheel you will find the Radio (BM54) and the TV module. Bit of a faff but you have to lift the spare out undo 3 bolts that hold the suspension compressor and tip it back. Then you will see an "L" shaped plastic cover 3 screws and lift it out and there will be the Radio unit parallel to the bumper and on the right hand side the TV module (blue and white connectors) it should be a digital unit on your model. If it isnt there they do come up on ebay but are silly money a cheaper option may be an analogue tuner then add a freeview box simple to do and works well. With my digital tuner it finds channels but doesn;t display them added a cheap free view box all good (though never used) but I am a bit OCD about stuff working.

Hi

i think i posted the same question in the forum,   i cant see the tv to select on my main screen   nothing at all. just,  computer, sat nav.  code and aux vent ,  why have i no tv on there.    not a big problem but nice to have,. also  the panorama sunroof wouldnt shut,  kept poppin up and down.got worried till i found its very common with a You tube easy fix, just tapping some sliders on th rear section that seemed jammed up at the back,   what though is the reason they stick,  is there some lube required or something.   lots of fixes   but no explanation of why it happens 

Thanks

got the software loaded on the old laptop. plugged in and up comes screen   i clicked everything and found all the seperate modules. i was trying to enable the aux heat   as a member had done.  i simply cannot find how to enable it.  i wen tonline and saw some screen shots of the software    some were all items with a check box and a "write"   i suppose that you select which you want and   write.   but i can find the a page with check boxes on. on the actual module   ther eis options  like   reprogramme,  read,,write, code,   but all i get is empty boxes.   how on earth do you find how to use this.  i couldnt even find how to turn off the service lights.

on subject of other,  the tv i cant find,  as it went through scanning,  it said cant find  video module or telephone module.   

Morning

Regarding your Aux Heat on your screen check if it says Aux heat or Aux Vent all cars have Aux vent which can enable the fans in very hot conditions, For Aux heat check under the bonnet right hand side for the Webasto unit if it is there you may find it has been disabled for some reason.

TV and Telephone again I would make a physical check for the units, telephone lift the top of the armrest you will either see a phone or phone holder or if it has bluetooth a tray with a voice symbol pairing button. In the boot left hand cubby lift the floor and undo the nuts holding down the plastic covers you should see the phone charging unit or bluetooth module below the Nav unit and Cd Changer. Strange that they are either not there or disabled??

With the software sometimes it cant see modules due to a poor connection at the module even if the module is working fine. Mine couldn't see my gearbox but I knew it was there and working fine as I went through all the connectors with contact cleaner and refitting hey presto gearbox appeared.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links