Z3 airflow meter

Richard

Hi.

New to the forum, and would like to know if there are any after market airflow meters for the Z3 1.9 16v 1998 model which are any good.  At the moment on acceleration it feels like I'm  pulling a trailer.  Also does anyone know how long the original meter should last anyway; my car has done 69,000 miles.

Thanks in advance,  hope someone can help.

Richard

Hi Richard...welcome to the Forum!

I don't believe the problem is with the AFM as the sensors on the Beemers are generally quite reliable.

The 1.9 is not too potent. I've got a 2.0 litre Z3 and that's pretty gutless so I'm in the process of upgrading components.

My thoughts to go forward for better acceleration are a remap which will definitely improve things and the exhaust system is standard and therefore loaded with lots of factory restrictions. After that, you could look at a cold air intake system to improve things.

Let us know how you proceed with any mods or upgrades

Cheers,   Trevor

Hi Trevor, 

Thanks for answering so quickly,   I have thought about a remap and I have had the exhaust changed to a less restrictive system.  I have been told that there are no sensors that can pick up a faulty air meter, which is why I asked the question,  how long do they last.  I agree that a cold air intake system  could be of benefit.   Thank you for for all the information,  I will let you know how I get on.

Richard