2006 330I M Sport, Tyre Suggestions

JPL

Hi Folks

As in the title i'm swapping the tyres on my 330i

Im getting rid of the Bridgestone runflats and putting normal tyres on it.

What tyres do the folks in the know recommend.

Ive been offered a deal on some Continental Conti Sport 5's, are these a good tyre?

Thanks in advance for any help

J

• 11 months later...

Hi Jamie. I just picked up my new 330 coupe which has run flats all round. Did you do the swap for normal tyres and how was the ride after that? Also my main concern is getting the dreaded puncture so is a can of tyre foam required? Cheers

I would definitely advocate the use of 'Slime' in your tyres...been using it for years in my cars, campervan and motorbikes with no problems and also no punctures.

I recommend trying it out in one tyre first as sometimes (very rarely) it can produce a dynamic imbalance which usually disappears as soon as the Slime throws out centrifugally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi trevor

yeah i thought as much due to the construction of the runflat tyres. I'll try source a good set of "normal" tyres and invest in the slime you mentioned. Speaking to various bm owners it was a real difference to the ride quality once they made the change. Would like to hear the members views on here as well coz ive got to tell the missus I'm going to shell out best part of £500 on new set of boots!!! She will be over the moon with that news especially since the man with the big white beard going to be hear soon!!!! 😬😬😬

Haha yeah I'll blind her with science!!! It's about the only time I get to "win" lol. My other query was the fuel issue in my car. Do I use the super duper fancy stuff or stick to the regular unleaded. I've heard various views on that issue and would like to hear the forums expert opinion lol  

lol...I would personally recommend using premium where and when possible but equally there is nothing wrong with regular unleaded and maybe every third tank full put super unleaded in. What I would avoid is using E10 (available in France) as this contains 10% Ethanol which is double of what we use here and can cause damage to some engines. Always try to use Super Unleaded 'San Plomb' (98) in this case.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jamie,

think I'm too late with this but I have Conti 5`s (not run flats) on my 330Ci. They are much better than the Bridgestone run flats it had on when I bought it! Now done 19,000 miles on them & still 5mm+ tread left. Also ive dropped the pressures 2 psi as ive found it improves the ride even more IMO.