High Mileage 318i Tourer Estate?

Hi, I have a 318i 1988 with 188,000 miles on it and it still runs very well and uses hardly any oil. As long as it has had regular oil changes, ie service history with it I can see no problem if the engine is reasonably quiet. What year is the car as this will determine what engine type it has as each engine has its own characteristic.

Mick

Then it is probably the M43 engine which is pretty much the same as my 318i which has the M40 engine but with main difference is it is chain driven thus being better and not having to change the cam belt every 3 years as I do. This engine is fitted to my 316i compact which is coming up to 130000 miles and again has no issues and is still 'tight', I did replace water pump,thermostat and plastic coolant pipes as these can fail after a long period but as far as the main engine is concerned it is all good as it had regular oil/filter changes.

Hope this helps,Mick.

• Like 1

Then it is probably the M43 engine which is pretty much the same as my 318i which has the M40 engine but with main difference is it is chain driven thus being better and not having to change the cam belt every 3 years as I do. This engine is fitted to my 316i compact which is coming up to 130000 miles and again has no issues and is still 'tight', I did replace water pump,thermostat and plastic coolant pipes as these can fail after a long period but as far as the main engine is concerned it is all good as it had regular oil/filter changes.

Hope this helps,Mick.

Hi, I have a 318i 1988 with 188,000 miles on it and it still runs very well and uses hardly any oil. As long as it has had regular oil changes, ie service history with it I can see no problem if the engine is reasonably quiet. What year is the car as this will determine what engine type it has as each engine has its own characteristic.

Mick g.png

can you shw me pics it?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links