Adrian Flux - No Bargain

Tried the discounted insurance from Adrian Flux for a quote. £540.

Or I can go with Allianz for £281 and get a free "Brian" toy. Or LV= for 301 minus a (5%?) discount because I have another policy with them.

To be honest, I'm quite relieved. My daughter is insured with Adrian Flux and her experence has not been good.

LV= have been very good on my current motor policy &n life insurance, so I'll probably go with them. Just waiting to see if their renewal letter offers things cheaper - it should do as they don't need to pay commission to a comparison site, but we all know how they lift renewal prices and hope that you don't shop around...

Still - it's all cheaper than the £2000 + that MoreThan wanted when I had an M3 (although Tesco came in at £700)

Still, it was worth a (free) phone call...

• Like 1

I had an interesting experience with Flux Direct.

Insured my Daughter on a KA as a learner for £430. Great value at the time. She passed her test three weeks later so called Flux Direct who informed me that the new price will now be £3,460. The car is only worth £1,100 but I do know that this has no bearing on the insurance cost.

I had to pay £130 cancellation fee plus I had already paid a deposit and the first months charge. Three weeks insurance ended up costing me about £220.

Guest jeffthro

Dan, we've had a little contact in the past, and you've been very helpful, so I'll post this publicaly as I'm sure you won't mind. I've been with AF quite a long time now, and I'm still feeling fairly loyal, but the following is beginning to try my patience.

I changed my car in November 2013. the existing insurance company wouldn't accept the change of car, so that policy had to be ended and a new policy with another company found and started. Now I've been getting AF communication saying "your car insurance is due for renewal, please let us quote you for your renewal." Well, its not due for renewal, and I am still insured with you! I phoned and thought I'd got it sorted, then a couple of weeks ago I got a phone call, I think it was something like Direct Call, not positive, who were calling me on behalf of AF because my car insurance was due for renewal and could they please help me - on behalf of AF - to requote me? I explained it wasn't, I was happy as I was, not due until November, and he, quite jovially, said, oh well, speak to you again then! Let me just tell you this, if I do get another phone call then, I WILL move my insurance away from AF, and you can tell that to anyone you like at AF. I have never given my permission for AF to pass my details to anyone else and I'm not now, so if you are doing so, thats a serious issue. Let me know please Dan.

Dan, we've had a little contact in the past, and you've been very helpful, so I'll post this publicaly as I'm sure you won't mind. I've been with AF quite a long time now, and I'm still feeling fairly loyal, but the following is beginning to try my patience.

I changed my car in November 2013. the existing insurance company wouldn't accept the change of car, so that policy had to be ended and a new policy with another company found and started. Now I've been getting AF communication saying "your car insurance is due for renewal, please let us quote you for your renewal." Well, its not due for renewal, and I am still insured with you! I phoned and thought I'd got it sorted, then a couple of weeks ago I got a phone call, I think it was something like Direct Call, not positive, who were calling me on behalf of AF because my car insurance was due for renewal and could they please help me - on behalf of AF - to requote me? I explained it wasn't, I was happy as I was, not due until November, and he, quite jovially, said, oh well, speak to you again then! Let me just tell you this, if I do get another phone call then, I WILL move my insurance away from AF, and you can tell that to anyone you like at AF. I have never given my permission for AF to pass my details to anyone else and I'm not now, so if you are doing so, thats a serious issue. Let me know please Dan.

Hi Jeffthro,

Thanks for the post.

Could you possibly send me a DM with your details please? I'm obviously keen to investigate what has happened here as we certainly don't sell information to any third parties.

The only thing I can think is have you possibly used a comparison site in the past and entered your telephone number? It may be a case that a comparison site has called you if you've had a quote at a certain time of year. This is obviously not ourselves calling, and is nothing to do with us, but if we were one of the top prices I assume they may be implying that we could help again?

As I say, I'm just speculating here but if you can PM me your details I will certainly investigate this further.

Kind regards

Dan.

Guest jeffthro

As my last post was quite, shall I say, Blunt, I should like to be clear that I have had excellent contact with AF in the last day or so, had a number of issues discussed and sorted, and am very happy to say to all that my belief in AF is restored and I very much recommend them again.

The main area that I was unhappy with, I did not allow for the fact that Insurance Companies are VERY much their own bosses, and with the best will in the world, AF, as brokers, are in their control, not the other way round. AF might not always be able to get you the very best quote, but they will do their very best, they are always there for one to one contact, and are always very helpful and friendly.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links