This Coming Sunday Wallisdown Dorset Bmw Meet

Marcmoss

Guest jeffthro

Well, we'll see. I always think in the case of any friendly car club like this and DJCC and definitely Nissan Primera Owners, its the members that count ahead of the cars, so if I can share a bacon sandwich and a chat with some genuine car lovers I will.

Guest jeffthro

I did go up at about 11.30, fair do's to them, they had a good turn out up there, maybe around the 25 - 30 mark, but I didn't stop. Very crowded, just starting to rain, and I would have been seriously out of place, both in being old enough to be most of thems' granddad and my 328 being completely standard and unmodded.

Guest Mister Dabsy

I think you guys are missing the point...

It's about the car NOT YOU !!

Be aware of what you have and do not be ashamed of it in any shape or form... Even a "scrapper" gets a crowd ;)

The point of a "Meet" is to express your preference and adore the display of other minnows "Pride 'n Joy" no matter what !!

:rolleyes: ;)

Guest jeffthro

I'm a bit 50/50 there Dabsy. The cars do matter of course, because we are all car enthusiasts and thats the lowest common denominator. And I am not at all ashamed of my motor, my problem was I don't wear hoodies or baseball caps (no disrespect there, although I would admit I don't like the look), and I would have been maybe at least 30 years older than anyone else there, which was my real problem. I don't know if Marc, also on this thread was there, if he was and I'd seen him I would have stopped, if you were Marc, sorry.

Once again I find myself agreeing with Jeffthro, as an older owner of an M3 most of the talk I hear is about remapping and coil overs and as such I have no interest additionally 25/30 yrs age difference is sometimes an issue. Looking at it from the other way I went to an XJS Owners meeting and was completely ignored (same say rightly so) because I don't have a V12 Celebration Convertible.