Is It A Write Off??

Was driving home friday morning, stopped to turn into my road and a lorry rammed straight into the back of my car. It was his fault and ive had my car recoverd. Just want to know if it looks like a write off or not?

DAMAGE FROM WHAT I CAN SEE -

rear window

bootlid

rear bumper

rear bumper bar

rear lights

boot doesnt shut as the catch has been pushed back

exhaust backbox - tips bent

a>

a>

a>

Guest Mister Dabsy

Any "crinkles" in the other panels? Looks like a Cat C or D, not a write-off IMHO...

TBH it looks fixable... Take the payout then buy the car back from insurance for a snip, then fix her up n sell for a tidy sum ;)

Looks like the zaust would of taken a good wack pushing it forward. The shock might of mashed the chassis.

Dunno... if you was selling it anyway, lets hope she's a write off. See if they'll sell it back to you aswell! hahah

Daz

I wouldn't think so buddy. The main point of writing cars off is if its either structural damage or un-economical to repair.

I don't think your damage falls under either of these catagories. All depends on what's happening under the bodywork!

• 2 months later...

defo the cost of repair and if you insist which you have the right to ONLY to b repaired by BMW main dealer they would write it off

its what happened to one ov my cars guy crashed intot he side only few dents the insurance company wanted it to go to one ov there backstreet "approved" bodyshops who would of slapped body filler to repair

but after finding out my rights thats it upto the owner to decide who repairs the audi main dealer wrote it off

also insist it ONLY gets repaired with GENUINE BMW BRAND NEW PARTS, tghe parts cost alone of ur car would amount to 2500+

anyway goodluck but defo be well aware of your rights

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links