Newbie M5

Amzey1

Hi,

Just signed up, down south in Bucks. Have an F10 M5 on order, Singapore Grey on 19's. Got to wait until end of September though, gonna feel like ages..!

Had 4 x M3's in the past, including 2 x CSL's. I'm growing up with a couple of kids now :-)

• Like 1

Hi,

Just signed up, down south in Bucks. Have an F10 M5 on order, Singapore Grey on 19's. Got to wait until end of September though, gonna feel like ages..!

Had 4 x M3's in the past, including 2 x CSL's. I'm growing up with a couple of kids now :-)

Welcome to the forum, very jealous you have a M5 on order.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Welcome aboard matey ;)

Can I borrow it for a weekend in September ? :rolleyes: :P

... Wait a minute... I'll track it "Pre-Delivery" and give it a once-over for you ! :lol: :P

Cheers mate,

The worst thing will be the 1200 mile run in, can't go above 5k rpm, no wide open throttle and apparently you don't get full power. Once you take it back to BMW for the service, they update the software and give you the full beans....!Removed! technology eh ?!

I've already told the wife we're going to Cornwall for the weekend as soon as I get it, need to get to 1200 miles asap :-)

Cheers mate,

The worst thing will be the 1200 mile run in, can't go above 5k rpm, no wide open throttle and apparently you don't get full power. Once you take it back to BMW for the service, they update the software and give you the full beans....!Removed! technology eh ?!

I've already told the wife we're going to Cornwall for the weekend as soon as I get it, need to get to 1200 miles asap :-)

So that will be the cars most economical 1200 miles ever.

yeah, might use it as an opportunity to get the cars 28.8MPG combined fuel economy, coz it ain't gonna ever get anywhere near that again :(

Yes you might aswell give it a try.

My car has only got a 2.5 straight 6 and is supposed to average 27mpg but im getting about 35mpg over the last 1150 miles of motorway and A roads so I'll be very impressed if the M5 can get 28mpg from a 4.4 v8 twin turbo.

35mpg from a 2.5 litre six cylinder is very good. I used to have an E90 320si, 2.0 litre engine you'd thought it would be in the mid 30's at least. Over 3 years of ownership I averaged 22mpg ! Something to do with the handbuilt engine, even if I drove it sensibly and tried to get high mpg on the motorway it would rarely break 30.

I'm not holding my breath for 28mpg but I'll give it a damn good go. I'll let you know how it goes, feels like ages away yet though :(

Yes I imagine its going to be very frustrating waiting that long.

I didn't realize the e90 320si was that bad, the si had the 170bhp 2.0 4 cylinder if I remember correctly and the standard version only had 150bhp 2.0.

I had the e90 320d auto a couple of years ago and couldn't get over 43mpg even when doing 3-400 miles on the motorway.

Yes it was 170bhp, good memory.

I think we get lied to somewhat when manufacturers release economy figures. They must be performed by a saint on a rolling road or something just as absurd. If I average 17-18mpg I'll be pretty happy, I don't do more than 8k a year so shouldn't bee too bad, wifeys got an A6 tdi for chore duties

• Like 1

Cheers guys for your warm welcomes. August now, only 7 weeks to go....arrrgh !

This is how sad I am, I started checking all the local garages to see which one did the best Super Unleaded, BP, Shell, Total, Elf. Think it has to be Shell Nitro, think I'll pop in and get a Shell card, might get a tenner back every couple of months !

• 1 month later...