Group Buying

E36-Steve

Has anyone ever heard of group buying for parts. I know they do in for coilovers on the MX5 Nutz forum.

Might be a good idea if someone could speak to some manufactures and see if a certain amount of parts were brought at the same time, would they offer a discount.

Then just get people to put there name down in the thread for parts they want. When there's enough people..... discount for everyone :).

Good idea..... Bad idea?

Steve.

Has anyone ever heard of group buying for parts. I know they do in for coilovers on the MX5 Nutz forum.

Might be a good idea if someone could speak to some manufactures and see if a certain amount of parts were brought at the same time, would they offer a discount.

Then just get people to put there name down in the thread for parts they want. When there's enough people..... discount for everyone :).

Good idea..... Bad idea?

Steve.

Would need a LARGE amount of folk just to see a fiver saved mate

Would need a LARGE amount of folk just to see a fiver saved mate

Oh really :(. I know MX5 Nutz done it with HSD coilovers.

If there about £600 and we got 10 people together that's £6,000 going to them in one lump, surely they would offer some kind of discount on that wouldn't they?

Steve

Oh really :(. I know MX5 Nutz done it with HSD coilovers.

If there about £600 and we got 10 people together that's £6,000 going to them in one lump, surely they would offer some kind of discount on that wouldn't they?

Steve

Maybe but, you'd have to collate people over multiple forums

I'll try and get in touch with Driftworks and see what they say. I'll let you know what they say. If they just say know then that just hits the nail on the head as it were lol.

I'll keep you posted Daz.

I'm afraid Dirftworks have come back to me and said they do not offer any bulk discount because there coil overs are priced so cheaply anyway :(.

Sorry guys.

Guest Mister Dabsy

The problem is getting people to trust you with their money BEFORE the order has been placed !

Great idea though... But I'm NOT giving YOU £600 !! :P :lol:

The problem is getting people to trust you with their money BEFORE the order has been placed !

Great idea though... But I'm NOT giving YOU £600 !! :P :lol:

Haha yeh I understand that. I have been offered some deals on group buying for carbon badges, currently waiting for a reply on a deal for BMW tamper proof dust caps and M sport badges. Also have to call a guy on Monday about a discount of getting Powerflex bushes for group buying.

If enough people signed up to buying one of these items I don't mind buying them myself and then I can send them out to people when they transfer the money through paypal or something so it's all secure.

Or if one of you staff members wanted to do it for some more security to the club members. I think at the moment I've got the guy at about £9 for a pair of carbon badges if we ordered 10 at a time. Waiting for him to reply about the other items.

I'll keep you posted though :).

Guest Mister Dabsy

Thats better... The smaller stuff will fly out of door mukka ! ;)

Say the word and we'll create a Group Purchasing section where a member has to be committed if they enter their name B) ;)

Guys its simple, the likes of Civic Type R Owners Forum organize group buys on a regular basis of things like uprated anti roll bars, induction kits, manifolds, cat-backs etc.

The way they work is someone contacts the company and agrees a fixed discounted price for 10+ orders of an item then a slightly cheaper rate for 15 and a slightlty cheaper price for 20+ orders.

Then you just need to make a thread to generate interest with the details and get people to add their name, then original post gets a list of user names added to the bottom that gets updated everytime someone adds to the thread.

Once you have the required number with at least a few extra people interested you get the users to phone the company to say they are part of the group buy and place their orders and they will get the item at the discounted price :)

Thats better... The smaller stuff will fly out of door mukka ! ;)

Say the word and we'll create a Group Purchasing section where a member has to be committed if they enter their name B) ;)

Sounds good mate, Still trying to get some figures in e-mail so I can send it all over to you and see what you think.

Steve.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links