Injector Cleaning Products

Dlappin28

Just got myself a 1series knowing the injectors are slightly playing up. When sitting idle can feel it. Does anyone know if cleaning products when filling up with diesel work? Or shal I avoid? Thanks

It's running good and when sitting idle that car sum times drops revs just a little. The fuel seams fine. The previous owner had 1 injector replaced and said there's 4? And he thinks 1 more might b playing up. Was wondering "as its a diesel" might be se rubbish in it. Was thinking of a cleaning agent and long drive? Thanks

Welcome to BMWOC matey.

The injectors should not be acting up on a 2005 vehicle. If they are, they are faulty and cleaning will most likely do no good. If you are to get them cleaned, you will need to remove them and have them professionally ultrasonically cleaned with the spray patterns dictating whether they are faulty or not. This will cost you around £200 from a third party company.

Fuel additives are known within the industry to be hogwash

To be honest, I believe it to be unlikely the injectors at fault. Best advice anyone can give you is get the ECU scanned. If it only happens at idle, it may be an ignition/idle control issue

All the best,

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links