Aux Heating Programming

RizlaChris

The Aux Heating is a rare option on UK cars . It appears on the OBD but doesn't necessarily

mean you have the unit fitted under the bonnet . First thing to look for is the Webasto unit at

the back passenger side of engine bay . If nothing there , you don't have it .

If it is there , it need to be programmed by someone with Autologic to get it to work .

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm I've looked at mine , and I also have the Webasto unit , and I have Aux Ventilation which just

seems to be a way of keeping A/C running after the engine is switched off . I need to read up a bit more now

I think .

It appears there are 2 different Webasto units , one is the standard Top Z for the Aux ventilation , and the other

is Top C/E . It's the latter unit that is needed to get the Aux heating to enable .

Will try and find out more .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

HI, ALL

Im new to this club, but I hope I can shine a little light on this as ive just sorted my own non working webasto today.

I have the same as u guys on my dash screen, as I understand it only gives us the option aux vent as with mine if u set

it to come on it only blows cold air, that's because its for hot days haha not cold ones, I found out today there are to ways u can get it to work manualy or remotely,

I obtained the software and hardware to read my webasto, it came back a fault, fan short to ground, so instead of striping the unit down I purchased a used 1 fitted it and got it working, I cannot get it to work through the setting on dash not got aux heating option but ive read it can be added through software upgrade, which im looking in to because it would b a lot easer to do it that way, instead I found if I give pin number 1 a 12v live it switches on warms up and sends the blowers in cab on to warm up inside, GREAT, now im looking at maplin to obtain a remote 12v relay which will control it from a key fob. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi....I had a 2004 x5 with the webasto unit under the bonnet. On the nav screen mine also said aux vent but I wanted aux heating so it's nice and warm when I get in on cold icy mornings.

After some research I purchased a bmw scanner 1.4.0 from ebay for around £30.

Once I installed the software on my laptop all I done was plug the module into the car and changed from aux vent to aux heating.

I too did not have the remote, but I used to set the timer 1 to start at 8 am as I leave my house at 8.30. Then when I get in the car it's not hot but warm.......just right in fact, plus the screen had defrosted.....nice !!!!

The heater stays on for 30 mins before automatically turning off and it also says aux heating on the screen instead of aux vent like it did previously.

So basically it just needs coding either by yourself with the scanner for free.....or at a garage for £££'s

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links