Heater/blower Not Working

Reusch

When I brought my X5 the blower stopped working at the garage the day I was picking it up (lucky me) it took one of their workshop guys 10min to change.

He dropped the black plastic trim under the steering wheel 3 screws (I think) then one screw on the carpet trim alongside the tunnel and popped it out. The FSR is right at the back towards the firewall, he just reached in unplugged it and plugged the new one in then put everything back together. The workshop guy told me this was a common fault until they upgraded the FSR the new ones have a shorter finer Hegehog bit (cant think of a better description). Certainly worked OK since, after seeing what he did I think it wouldn't take me to much longer he said fiddly not hard.

Well done, glad you got the blower sorted. With the parking sensors I have an intermittent fault with a rear one I know which one but when I fitted the Digital TV upgrade I brought the AV lead with the camera input so it made sense to fit a rear view camera.

Needless to say I haven't bothered with the parking sensors since, I will get around to it as I just like everything to work but its low priority now.

They say things come in 3's I hope the 3 things you have found are all that need doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, dont know about an 04, my 02 makes no sound until you are close to an object when it starts to bleep, increasing in frequency the nearer you get. I think it's only constant when, as described above, you have "parked by ear" and hit the wall!!

cheers crofter

• 2 years later...

i have both problems on my 4.6IS !!

my blower squeaked a little for a while then packed up (thank god for heated seats !) now my sensors are gone (continued noise in reverse instead of the increasing frequency as i get closer)

is there an easy way to find out which sensor has gone ?

cheers.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links