Tyres

paulss

I would be grateful for advice on tyre configuration.Having just purchased a 2005 2.0d X3 Sport the rear tyres need attention .The fronts are KUMHO 235 50 18 & the rear has one Kumho 235 50 18 with little tread & one (new) Autogrip 235 50 18 .Can I replace the Kumho with another Autogrip,or should they be Kumho's all round?

Looking forward to your advice.

Paul

Hi Paul, just replaced 2 budget tyres on the wife's Zafira for 2 Kumo's can't really feel any difference other than price, personally I like matching tyres on each axel and if poss the same all round, my tyre of choice for the last few years has been Falken, that said put 2 on my wife's old galaxy and they only lasted 6000 miles as apposed to double this on my E36, have you googled reviews for Autogrip ?, hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi

For what it's worth, on my X3 I replaced two worn tyres with Pirelli Scorpions and had these fitted to the rear (as advised).

They are excellent tyres with very good road-holding and wear capabilities, and very important for me - they are QUIET!

Not cheap at £150 a pop - but they are well worth it.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links