Help please......I own a 2003 316 ISE. I love my car but......Just had a full service and oil change and new battery, it passed its MOT 1 month ago. It has low mileage for its age, just over 100,00. It developed a glitch a month before I had it serviced, the battery light comes on and it misses a beat, on two occasions recently it trickled to a halt and the triangle warning light appeared. I stopped, switched off and started her up again, no problem. the warning lights disappeared and it ran as normal. The blessed thing refuses to stop doing it. Confused.com. I don't want to get into heavy spending on it as it is of an age where I need to decide if it worth the spend. The body work is in great condition, so not sure what to do. Anyone got any ideas ?

Initially I would check the battery connections and earthing points. Also the alternator connections. Make sure they are clean and secure. It could be a number of different issues but best to start with the simplest and cheapest.

Thank you Guru. I will try, I am really baffled because the car is running really well. Starts first time every morning and purrs. On most journeys it just does it a couple of times. Weird. If I take it in to the main dealer it will be expensive to diagnose, then they will probably find lots of things wrong, because it is of an age. I really love the car and was hoping to get another year on the current MOT without having to spend any more cash.

You could try a good Indy Garage if you have one you trust. Most have the diagnosis equipment these days. If you lived closer I would put my scanner on it to see if anything comes up. Shame I was near Chester a few weeks ago.