No Signal On Tv On 2005 X5

gordie1984

Hi im new to this.. ive just gone out and bought a 4.8 is x5 and its got every options going i was told, ive manged to get the playstation working in the back but cant get the tv working, i have a remote control which i havnt got a clue what it works lol. The tv just comes up with no signal. Im guessing i need to update the signal??

if anyone can help thanks Matt

Welcome and congratulations. Have a look on www.realoem.com put in the last 7 digits of your chassis number and it will bring up your cars spec, if you then search the TV option you can see the components.

Check that you have a Digital Tuner if its analogue then it wont work without a freeview tuner that could be why you have a remote? You say you have a playstation is that in the boot or the back of the car? Another reason for a remote check if you have a Webasto unit to give Aux Heating on the OBC screen you should have either Aux Heating or Aux Vent

So i tried that website you told me about. I couldnt search for the tv things on there it wouldnt let me do anything once i put the last 7 didgets any other ideas??? As for the remote iv figured thats for the tvs, where would i find the digital arial for the tvs?? Also still struggling with arial signal for the radio itself

Guest Mister Dabsy

For models without the "shark-fin" aerial on the roof, BMW use either the front or rear screen heater element as an aerial !

Most important is the aerial amplifier usually located in the rear near other ICE modules, these can fail.

As Dave mentioned, if you have the Analogue Tuner then you won't get a TV signal.

OK in realoem did you press browse parts after entering your Vin? once you have done that look under Navigation.

As the play station is in the boot hopefully it has been fitted as a stand alone and no one has tried to hack it into the BMW system.

So you have a screen up front what menu do you get? does it show Navigation (is that working) Telephone, OBC, TV etc. You say your having signal problems with the radio as well? The radio and TV units are buried under the spare wheel and suspension compressor under the boot floor, if you don't feel confident in digging in there what about the seller? If it was a Garage contact them and get them to sort it. Or if its something you want to sort yourself take out the spare, lift the compressor (no need to disconnect it) and check the Radio unit connections and antenna connection (just in front of the Battery) The TV module is to the right of the Battery under a plastic cover check that both antenna cables are connected and both multi plugs seated properly.

If your TV tuner is analogue then it wont work (just a fuzzy screen) you can add a Video input lead and connect a freeview tuner this will add another remote though.

Check all the fuses glove box and rear right of the boot.

Hi

yes i went onto the website put in the number and managed to get to like a drop down menu of things inside the car but it would not let me do anything on the page it keeps kicking me off and reloading over and over, il have to try this again on an actual computed as opposed to a tablet.... modern technology is starting to catch me out.

The built in sat nav works fine as for the phone thats not linked up yet (still figuring things out)

Il get into the boot this week and check out these cables. In the back iv got the dvd/navigation system, underneath that a space where it looks like something may have been, playstation under that then the Cd Changer... is this right? Or what would be missing?

Thanks very much for the help

Can upload pictures to give better ideas, iv no problem fiddling with cables etc , having been in a crash 5 years ago in the m3 im in a wheelchair so getting in the boot will be a bit difficult for me so i will have to talk nicely to the mrs :) this is the weekend toy really sound and the way she drives is just lovely, iv got the 135 as my weekly get about.

Left hand side sounds right, mine has right at the top a small black plastic box (Bluetooth antenna) then the Nav then a gap then the CD player, the Bluetooth ULF is below the floor on the same side. You have the play station between the Nav and CD. Getting to the Radio Module and TV unit is a PITA due to the cunning way its buried under the floor, spare and suspension compressor. Your wife is going to build up some muscles heaving everything out of the boot that or she is going to build you a ramp!!

If I get time I will take some pictures and upload them it may help

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links